The winter has arrived, and whether we live in a cold apartment, or work in an office where heating is no such thing, our friends at Future Shop and Canadian Tire have helped us bring some of the latest and greatest in heating technology.
As seen on CityLine on January 9th, 2012, here’s my segment on high-tech space heaters, car defrosters, and vacuums!
As always, you can re-watch previous episodes of CityLine on Citytv.com, or via the Citytv Video iPad/iPhone app! CityLine airs 9am/4pm EST on Citytv in Toronto. Check Citytv.com for air times in your city.
HEATING SOLUTIONS AT HOME
Dyson Hot Air Multiplier Heater, $449.99, Future Shop
- Air Multiplier technology amplifies heat output to warm larger spaces, quickly, and at a further range
- The intelligent thermostat lets you select your ideal temperature to the exact degree
- Touch-tilt allows for pivoting on its own centre of gravity while tilting to direct heat exactly where you want
- Tip-over automatic cut out
- No visible heating elements -SAFE for KIDS
- Includes remote control
Noma Parabolic Heater, $59.99, Canadian Tire
- 2-heat setting: 400/800 W
- 2-hrs. timer, safety tipover switch
- These really work, and the parabolic aspect aims it out.
TECHNOLOGY IN THE CAR
Car Warmer with DeFogger, $29.99, Canadian Tire
- Peak car warmer with defogger is a 13A, 12V unit
- 6′ power cord with 12V adapter to power car
- Pop-out handle with ratcheted positions allows for easy directional defrosting
Programmable Car Warmer – $99.99, Canadian Tire
- Peak programmable car warmer
- Programmable feature allows user to set timer so that the car is warmed before the driver gets in
- 24-hour programmable on/off
Dyson Handheld Vacuum – $169.99, Future Shop
- As the winter progresses, the car gets dirty, kids spill food on the floors, and we can’t be bothered with lugging out the big vacuum.
- This Dyson allows you to get power, easily clean your car, even in the winter. It’s CORDLESS!
- Great for keeping in your garage, you can use it for a quick cleanup, and it’s great for in the house too!
- Captures debris using Root Cyclone technology, not a bag or filter that needs replacing
- Hygienic bin emptying; Just press the button to empty the dirt
- Recharges up to three times faster than others
- Dyson digital motor; More powerful and uses much less energy than conventional motors
- Includes crevice tool, and wide debris nozzle that converts to a brush tool for dusting