Posts tagged Fast Five
This is a quick 50-second piece I did, named “Fast Five,” on CityLine discussing my top five gifts for the tech lovers in your life.
As aired on CityLine on December 12, 2011.
1) Motorola RAZR 4G for Rogers
- Lightning fast 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and a cool 1GB of RAM – listen to music, check the score, and have your email refresh all at the time, without delay
- Super durable Kevlar® fiber and Corning® Gorilla® Glass screen with splash-guard coating- drop it, scratch it or toss it in your bag without any fear of damage
- The Motorola MotoCast app gives you the power to stream or download content from your PC straight to your device – no uploading, your personal library is always within reach
2) HTC Jetstream ANDROID LTE tablet for Rogers
- Tri-band HSPA+/Quad-band EDGE for connectivity on the Rogers 4G HSPA+ network and roaming in over 190 countries.
- 10” (1280 x 800) HD touchscreen
- 32 GB capacity plus supports up to 32 GB expandable microSD memory.
- 8MP rear camera for 1080p HD video capture, 1.3MP front camera for video calling.
- Easy pre-loaded access to Rogers My Account, urMusic™, Rogers On Demand, MacLeans™, Sportsnet™ and the Gameloft store.
Navigating on the go
3) TomTom GO LIVE 1535M + HD Traffic, NEW to Canada
- One of their newest GPS units, touch screen, running for $269.
- Offers their NEW Canadian HD Traffic feature, updating realtime speed information.
- Displays Yelp, TripAdvisor and Expedia reviews.
For the book worms out there
4) Kobo eReader
- Available at Chapters/Indigo book stores, allows you to carry up to 1000 books anywhere you go
- Three models from Wifi, to touch screen, to colour screen running Android OS
- All run between $109.99 to $199.99
5) Steve Jobs biography – $36.99 Canadian retail
- In light of the passing of former Apple CEO Steve Jobs, this book highlights his early steps of what is one of the biggest electronics companies today, bringing innovations from Macs, to iPods, to iPhones, to iPads.
- He details his early days in life, all the way to what made Apple the company it is today.
- Available in hardcover, eBook, or audio book form