No, they’re not sky waitresses. Their main job is to ensure your safety from point A to B.
USA Today cleverly published a YouTube video of things flight attendants wish people knew, and some of these might surprise you.
- Flight attendants have to follow the same rules as you. This means they need to be seated when the seatbelt sign is on, too.
- Flight attending isn’t the glamorous job everyone thinks it is. Yes, there’s a lot of travel involved, but attendants are often sleep deprived, and aren’t eating on a normal schedule.
- They aren’t a walking pharmacy. Surprisingly, many people think they’re pharmacists when a passenger might be feeling ill. By law, they can’t dispense any medication, but are equipped with a first aid kit and emergency equipment.
- Their primary job is to keep you safe, so listen to their instructions.
- Flight attendants are only paid for their time from when the doors are locked, so be nice, orderly, and respect their time!
Source: USA Today