The 2011 Summer Holiday season is rolling around the corner, and whether you’re headed to the beach or the cottage, you’re sure to want to capture all of those special moments with your loved ones!
Below are my top three picks for cameras perfect for the outdoors! Two of them are waterproof, shockproof and dirt-proof, so you can feel free to go rock climbing, or even snorkeling with them!
1. Olympus TOUGH TG-310 – MSRP: $199.99 –http://olympus.com
This camera is great as it is enclosed in a durable, waterproof and rugged design. It maintains its great looks while taking high-quality photos. Ideal for taking out on a day at the beach, or on the boat, this allows people from kids to adults to have a great time taking photos without the worry of it breaking. This camera is capable of HD video and also comes in a wide range of exciting colors (blue, orange, red, silver, white).
Olympus Key Features:
- Waterproof – A system of waterproof seals and gaskets keeps water out so you can take pictures as deep as 10 feet underwater.
- Shockproof – The camera has a durable body with an innovative shock-absorbing technology protects it from drops of up to 5 feet.
- Freezeproof – The TOUGH camera is freezeproof down to 14°F/-10°C. It is even perfect for after summer, including skiing, snowboarding, sledding and other winter fun! This camera is winterized to perform at below-freezing temperatures!
- 14 Megapixel
- 3.6X Wide-angle Optical Zoom
- 2.7-inch LCD
- ONE-TOUCH HD Movie
- Dual Image Stabilization
- 3D Photos – “From macro shots to landscapes, Olympus’ 3D technology shoots two pictures and combines them into one image for a dramatic effect when viewed on a 3D device. Perfect for bringing your memories to life.”
2. Toshiba CAMILEO BW10 Sportscam – MSRP: $139.99 – http://toshiba.com
As Toshiba says, “Weatherproof your digital experience. Designed with active lifestyles in mind, the new Toshiba CAMILEO BW10 is ready for whatever life throws at you.”
This camera is ideal whether you’re out snorkeling in the Caribbean this summer, or rumbling down the ski hills this winter! No matter where you are, this multi-purpose camcorder will protect itself from all types of weather conditions; not to mention its HD capability. The camera is waterproof up to two meters and it comes equipped with video stabilization and 10x digital zoom, just so your viewers don’t become queazy!
Toshiba Key Features:
- 2” LCD monitor
- 5 MP CMOS image sensor
- 10X digital zoom
- Sensitivity up to ISO 1600
- 64 GB memory for more than seven hours of Full HD videos
- Waterproof up to 2 meters
- SD / SDHC / SDXC card slot
- MP4 (video), JPG (still), AAC (audio) file formats
- HDMI and USB 2.0
- CAMILEO Uploader software for YouTube and Picasa Web Albums
- PictBridgeTM function for photo printing
3. Canon Rebel T3i – MSRP: $900.00 http://canon.com
This is definitely my entry pick for the photographers who want to dive deeper into photography. This camera is what Canon calls “the REBEL on the move.” It is great for those photographers who are looking for an easy option to create that photo with a sparkle, and one that will give you stunning end results. The T3i continues the well-established tradition with a compact design that doesn’t compromise on performance. Definitely a best-seller in its category!
Canon Key Features:
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and DIGIC 4 Image Processor for high image quality and speed.
- ISO 100 – 6400 (expandable to 12800) for shooting from bright to dim light.
- Improved EOS Full HD Movie mode with manual exposure control, expanded recording [1920 x 1080 Full HD video at frame rates of 30 (29.97), 24 (23.976) and 25.0 frames per second] with new Movie Digital zoom and Video Snapshot features for enhanced movie shooting options.
- Vari-angle 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor (3:2) for shooting at high or low angles and 1,040,000-dot VGA with reflection reduction using multi coating and high-transparency materials for bright and clear viewing.
- 3.7 fps continuous shooting up to approximately 34 JPEGs or approximately 6 RAW.
- New Feature Guide offers short descriptions of each function and Quick Control screen for easy operation.
- Compatibility with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards.
- Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses.
These are all great choices! If you’re headed out on summer vacation, and you’re looking for a camera that will last through many great vacations to come, you should definitely check these out! Do you have any interesting camera picks? Leave a comment below, Tweet or email me!
Repost from TechnoBuffalo.com