Kale—the superfood everyone talks about—is delicious when prepared properly, and is jam-packed with iron, vitamin K, and powerful antioxidants. Here is a quick and easy carbonara recipe packed with healthy kale, ready in just 30 minutes!
Quick and easy kale carbonara
Prep time: 10 minutes, cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. linguine or spaghetti
- 5 strips of bacon, diced
- 2 bunches of kale, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- red pepper flakes
- Cook the pasta per the package’s directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat and sauté diced bacon until crisp.
- Add washed, coarsely-chopped kale to the bacon renderings and sauté until wilted.
- Whisk eggs and cheese together and add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Once kale is sautéed, squeeze the juice of the lemon and toss with bacon.
- After pasta is al dente, drain and add to kale mixture. Stir in egg and cheese. Serve immediately.
Optional: Add some of the starchy pasta water if the carbonara appears too dry.