I recently came across this recipe for an instant chocolate-chip ice cream in Chatelaine and immediately thought it was a great idea for when I need a guilt-free (and healthy) way to squash my sweet tooth.
This recipe literally takes less than five minutes to prepare, and is a great way to use up ripe bananas sitting on your counter.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp. of Nutella chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1 tbsp. of skimmed milk
- Peel and slice the ripe bananas in half, and freeze until firm.
- Once the bananas are firm, remove them from the freezer and add them to a food processor.
- Whirl until you get a smooth, soft serve-like consistency, and add the Nutella chocolate-hazelnut spread and skimmed milk.
- Incorporate using a spatula, making sure you get the sides of the food processor.
- Add desired toppings (Rice Chex cereal pictured above), and serve immediately.
Optional: If you’d prefer harder, frozen texture, you may opt to put the mixture in the freezer until the desired consistency is reached.